Access and Consent
Cellular Phone Numbers
By providing a cellular telephone number to us, you expressly consent to, and authorize us, or a third party on our behalf, to deliver autodialed or prerecorded telemarketing calls and/or text messages to the number you provide. You are not required to consent to these calls as a condition to purchasing any goods or services from PureCounsel, but withholding your consent may prevent us from providing certain services to you. This consent encompasses all future autodialed or prerecorded telemarketing calls and text messages from us or a third party placing these calls on our behalf. You may revoke consent to receive text messages at any time by contacting PureCounsel, including by responding STOP to the number sending text messages from PureCounsel.
Submission of Reviews, Ratings, and Comments
We collect and retain information which you voluntarily provide as part of your use of our Website and Services, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Website and Services, (“User Generated Content”). PureCounsel may in our sole discretion share your User Generated Content with others without notifying you. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content, or should not submit User Generated Content which contains information or Personal Information you do not want shared in this manner. Once you have submitted User Generated Content, we reserve the right to publish it in any medium to others.
We may generate or collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Website and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Website, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as ‘cookies’ and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Website and Services to make for a better visitor experience. By using our Website and Services, you expressly consent and agree to our generation, collection, and use of this information.
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, including but not limited to, information to validate or update your address, payment card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services.
To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third-party partners, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and other third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”).
To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser, or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective.
Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names, protocol (IP) addresses, browser software and operating system types, clickstream patterns, the MAC address or other technical information from your mobile device, location information through GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or similar technologies, and dates and times that our Website and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that ‘serve up’ webpages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Website and Services may also use technology called “tracer tags”., which may also be referred to as “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Website and other ways you interact with our Website and Services, such as purchases made through the Website and Services. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Website and Services for you and other users of our Website and Services. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
Do Not Track (DNT)
DNT is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, PureCounsel and the Website do not recognize DNT.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information PureCounsel collects is used in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- for internal review;
- to improve the Website and Services;
- to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services;
- to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Website and Services;
- to let you know about products, services, and promotions that you may be interested in;
- to get reviews and ratings;
- for our marketing purposes and the marketing of discounts offered through our Website and Services by third party vendors and legal service providers (collectively “Service Providers”);
- to fulfill and provide products and services, including personalized or enhanced services, requested by you; and internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and
- to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The disclosure is to the Service Provider from whom you requested or seek services through PureCounsel’s platform;
- the disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- the Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
- the disclosure is for our own marketing purposes (including, without limitation, for PureCounsel to market services to you on third-party social media platforms such as Facebook), or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- the disclosure is combined with information collected from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising from us or third parties;
- the party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with PureCounsel;
- the disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with any litigation, threatened or ongoing;
- the disclosure is, in our sole discretion, about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of our PureCounsel’s Terms of Service, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- the disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Website and Services, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering products and services, sending postal mail, processing claims for lost or stolen certificates, providing marketing assistance, confirming your identity for review integrity, and data analysis (“Administrative Service Providers”), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Website and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services.
Credit Card Information
We may share credit card information with trusted third parties in order to bill you for our service. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and we send billing information to those third parties to process your orders and payments or to validate your credit card information on file. Credit card information is encrypted during transmission and whenever stored within our systems or with our vendors. We take care to store only the amount of information required to bill you for services. Our credit card processing vendors use security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Credit card processing vendors are certified as compliant with multiple industry-standard compliance frameworks including the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Service Provider Level 1, the SSAE-16 audit standard.
Third Party Websites and Links